Ophthalmology is a medical discipline associated with health issues to the eye, its encompassing structures, and the optical system. It deals with the analysis, remedy, precautions, and treatment of eye-related diseases affecting the visual system. Overall, ophthalmology is a branch of medicine and surgery that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the optic system.
- Autologous chondrocytes for articular (joint) cartilage repair
- Autologous osteoblasts and stem cells for bone repair in avascular necrosis
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for musculotendinous problems
Who Are Ophthalmologists?
Human vision can be obstructed due to many medical infirmities. Ophthalmologists are the medical professionals involved in the systematic diagnosis, treatment using medications, therapy, and also surgery if needed.
The ophthalmology department of M.R. Hospital offers well-equipped and fully functional procedures for the comprehensive analysis, investigation, and curing (both medicinal & surgically) of all visual disorders of all age people. The department includes a committed and skilled team of specialists with outstanding assistance from managerial and nursing staff. Eye diseases can be expertly analyzed and treated at MR Hospital, comprising lachrymal drainage disorders, glaucoma, cataracts, retinal dysfunctions, amblyopia and strabismus, refractive disorders, ocular trauma, cornea, iris and external diseases, and uveal diseases.
Our Ophthalmic Care Department Has The Most Exquisite Tools And Amenities Available Comprising:
- A Humphrey field analyzer
- Retinal imaging with Visupac 450 digitized fundus camera and AG laser
- An ultrasound brightness and amplitude modulation scan
- Retinal disorders treatment with a 532mm laser
- Optical coherence tomography and fluorescent angiography
What Conditions Do Ophthalmologists Treat?
Ophthalmologists are accountable for the analysis, prevention, and curing of almost all the possible variants of eye diseases and ocular problems.
Though Ophthalmologists Tend To Manage And Treat A Wide Range Of Diseases Concerning Eyes, These Include:
- Cataracts surgery
- Glaucoma surgery and transplant
- Corneal diseases
- Retinal ailments, like diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration
- Neurological cause or element, like optic abnormal eye movements, nerve problems, dual vision, and some classes of loss in vision
- Matters concerning eyes issues from birth or other childhood eye diseases
- Some intricate surgical practices, like complex vision repair, reconstructive surgery
- Detected or torn retina repairing
- Removal of neoplasm (cyst, tumor, or external object)
- Chronic blockages or infections in the tear duct
- Refractive surgery to repair eyesight
Apart from the treatment of eyes and vision, the medical training of an ophthalmologist also adorns them to observe the unnoticed symptoms of disorders that don't directly relate the eye diseases. In these specific cases, they can suggest to patients the proper care, attention, and treatment.
Several ophthalmologists also engage in a scientific study and experimentation centering on the conditions of eye and vision diseases, along with their implied preventions and care.
Types Of Ophthalmologists & Their Subspecialists
- A cornea specialist can assist in treating cornea-associated disorders. They also perform refractive surgery (such as LASIK), and corneal transplants.
- Glaucoma specialist assists in management and treatment of glaucoma with timely adoption of medication, surgical procedures, or laser.
- Retina specialists are the medical professionals who diagnose, cure, and handle disorders regarding the retina like diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.
- Neuro-ophthalmologists are skilled at diagnosing and treating eye disorders due to muscle or nerve dysfunctions.
- Pediatric specialist especially looks for the eye disorders in kids and infants. It includes eye misalignment, strabismus, refractive faults, differences in eye vision, squint, etc.
- Oculoplastic surgeons treat disorders with the eyelids and surrounding areas.